bwm-ng (Bandwidth Monitor NG)Bandwidth Monitor NG is a small and simple console-based live network and disk io bandwidth monitor for Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and others.
It is licensed under GPL2.
- supports /proc/net/dev, netstat, getifaddr, sysctl, kstat, /proc/diskstats /proc/partitions, IOKit, devstat and libstatgrab
- unlimited number of interfaces/devices supported
- interfaces/devices are added or removed dynamically from list
- white-/blacklist of interfaces/devices
- output of KB/s, Kb/s, packets, errors, average, max and total sum
- output in curses, plain console, CSV or HTML
- alot fixes
- libstatgrab no longer default configure option, remove dependency on most distributions
- fix to work with libstatgrab-0.90
- usleep return value check Creator: Alexey Zakharov
- curses2 output, a nice bar chart
- disk input for bsd/macosx/linux/solaris
- win32 network bandwidth support
- moved to autotools
- alot fixes
InfoThis was influenced by the old bwm util written by Barney (email@example.com) which had some issues with faster interfaces and was very simple. Since i had almost all code done anyway for other projects, i decided to create my own version.
I actually dont know if netstat input is usefull at all. I saw this elsewhere, so i added it. Its target is "netstat 1.42 (2001-04-15)" linux or Free/Open/netBSD. If there are other formats i would be happy to add them.
For info about libstatgrab please refer to http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/
network routines sucessfully tested on:
Linux 2.4*, Linux 2.6*, Linux 3*, Linux 4*
FreeBSD 4.8, 5.3, 6.2*
MacOS X 10.1 and above*
Solaris 10 x86*
SunOS 5.9 sparc Solaris 9
OpenBSD 3.4, 3.6, 4.0*
NetBSD 1.6.1, 2.0, 3.0*
Win2000, WinXP, Windows Vista
*disk monitoring working aswell
please email me of working or not working platforms. Disk IO might work only on a limited number of platforms.
Downloadcurrent version: bwm-ng-0.6.1.tar.gz (changelog)
debian etch/sid: apt-get install bwm-ng (http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/bwm-ng)
gentoo: emerge bwm-ng (https://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-analyzer/bwm-ng)
ubuntu: apt-get install bwm-ng (http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=bwm-ng)
sourcemage: cast bwm-ng (http://codex.sourcemage.org/test/net/bwm-ng/)
red-hat: http://dag.wieers.com/packages/bwm-ng/ (or bwm-ng.spec)
fc: http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/i386/repodata/repoview/bwm-ng-0-0.5-6.f c5.html
Precompiled Sun Solaris Sparc Package
you can find it aswell in FreeBSD and OpenBSD ports.
if you know more, please report them. thanks
OLD (will not be used anymore):